Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vows

We haven’t posted in a couple weeks as we have been steady working to get The Cool Table mini camps kicked off. You can help by using our Amazon link to make all your Amazon.com purchases and be sure to share it with family and friends. It is painless for you and puts a little change towards the vision for us!


Ok so here it is, we were cleaning out some files today and found our wedding vows. It was great to take a minute to reflect on the promises we made and to gauge where we are with those promises. It was also nice to remember the joy, love and healing that filled that day. Since we our sharing our life journey with you, here we will share our wedding vows too:


To Chris:
God has indeed blessed my broken road. Everything I have read in scripture in relation to marriage and everything that I have needed and desired He placed in you. You have already displayed the attitude of love and adoration to me that Christ has for the Church. You are steady and selfless. You cover me and make me safe. You love me despite my flaws and failures and you have washed my account clean of past mistakes.
Today my tears of brokenness have turned to joy and it is with confidence that I make this life long commitment to you. I choose this day and everyday forward to love and comfort you, to pray for you, and to be a source of encouragement and support. I commit to listen to your hopes and dreams and to rejoice in your victories; to be a place of refuge for your fears and a place of renewal in your trails. I will take pride in honoring and respecting you. I vow to work daily to keep our marriage and home our oasis, a sweet place of renewal, laughter, and joy.


To Shante:
I have prayed and waited for you my whole life, not knowing who or where you were. I have fought through pain, heartache, and disappointment waiting for the time that God would reveal you. I have waited 30 years to be your husband and you are more than worth the wait. I can not think of anybody better for me than you. You truly are my rib and I am complete now.
I promise to love you unconditionally (even when you don’t love yourself) I promise to protect you, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
I promise to cover you with the love and grace of Jesus Christ. I promise to take care of your children as if they were mine. I also promise to serve God alongside of you and most importantly I promise to lead us before the throne Of our Lord in everything we do. I love you more than you will ever know.
 
 
 
From Chris to Jeremiah and Sierra:
I promise to love you and your mother unconditionally. I will protect you in all things. I will guide you with grace, and provide a nurturing home for you so that you may become and know all God has designed you for.


No comments:

Post a Comment