Monday, March 11, 2013

Who I Am Part 2

As I continue looking at what scripture says about the position of those who have accepted Christ, here is another truth I would like to share: You can be confident in your outcome.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I would be willing to say that a large majority of the world’s population who qualifies, as the scripture says, as loving God and being called according to His purpose has experienced events that would lead to questions as whether or not God does work for our good. 

There are painful and confusing situations that this life brings which often leave us with questions of why God would allow such things.  I have experienced the same and do not have the answers to the “why”, but what I do have is a promise from God’s word saying that He is working in ALL things for the good of you and me.  I can trust this promise because I have seen the character of God as He has proven Himself time and time again. Have confidence that although you may not see the end or understand the path that God is working for your good that the outcome be what is needed.   

Along the path you may encounter thorn bushes, detours, uphill climbs, and weary travels but take comfort in knowing that when you reach the destination the troublesome journey will seem to vanish in the sight of the promise you get to behold.

Shante 

No comments:

Post a Comment