Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Had a Bad Day!


So in case you had the illusion that it is all rainbows and unicorns in our life, we had a bad day. It's probably safe to say a string of bad days, but then there was the breaking point. It is always triggered by the last little thing. You know life stuff: opportunities not panning out as quickly as hoped, feeling as the vehicle of life is in reverse instead of drive, plans failed, family sickness and then the breaking point ... a stolen bike!
My son's bike was taken right from our front yard, less than 15 feet from my front door. Yes that did it! I was over the top. My insides sick and my head filled with many unpleasantries. I walked the neighborhood and fumed. Why take a child's bike, I wondered. More than a bike gone, it also meant a little more loss of innocence for that sweet boy who no longer had bike.
I'll save you all the words and ideas that ran through my head but let's just say it was a mixture of "don't worry it will work out" and "I'd like to choke the little (insert unpleasant word) that would do this". This is on top of all the other less than fun things that had happened so of course those thoughts joined the party and the emotions were on. Surprisingly with the explosion happening on the inside, I didn't lose control ( thanks Clear Mood)! 
With all the unsettledness, I decided to stay down stairs alone so not to subject  any underserving soul with my attitude. A few minutes went by and down came my wonderful husband, Mr. Relaxed "What are you doing down here by yourself? You want to come to bed?"
My thoughts "No. I do not want to come to bed. I want to bust down every door in the neighborhood until I find my son's bike all the while screaming out my displeasure with this situation and all the other situations." Thankfully that didn't happen. Instead my hubby took me by the hand and sat with me until I was ready to ascend to the upper level of the house. Ahh...Hulk mode defused.
After I woke up the next day still no rainbows or unicorns or the return of my baby's bike, but there was a life that had to be lived to the fullest.
As promised frantic writing and relaxed editing :)
Shante

No comments:

Post a Comment