Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Strong Reflection

This is blog worthy.

Today we stopped by the greenway to get some updated snapshots of the kids for our entry way table. After taking a few quick photos, my husband and son walked to look at the horses. I stayed behind to make sure I had the shots I wanted.  When I walked to meet them, the image I saw completely took my breath away. Both guys were standing peacefully watching the horses.  Their backs were to me and all I could think is "wow, what a strong reflection". I saw my little boy standing in the image of my husband.  I saw him being mentored and loved.  He was beginning to reflect the traits of my husband: steady, strong, loving, and relaxed. It put my mind at ease and filled my heart with joy.

My husband loves our children not because his blood runs through them because it doesn't, but his love and character does. No one forces him to seek their best interest, to take time to spend with them every day, to show up for school functions, or even sacrifice his desires so they can have theirs. Yet, by God's grace, this man has chosen to be bound to these children and we are better for it.  From his example, my daughter gets to witness firsthand what it looks like to be treated like a princess, and my son gets to see how to treat a lady and be steady and strong.

Yes, life has been broken, but the pieces were put in the hand of God and He is creating a masterpiece!
Shante

No comments:

Post a Comment