Monday, September 30, 2013

The Super Hero is Down

The Kiefer house has been infected! Yes, our leader, Mr. Kiefer, has been sick.  Most of us will joke about how terrible it is when a man is sick because of how dramatic he becomes.  In our house however it is no joke. Not the dramatic part. The terrible part.  You see our house runs well because Mr. Kiefer and I work well together.  He balances my frantic and helps in the day to day chaos. I make a mess in the kitchen. He cleans it.  We dirty laundry. He starts the washer.  I do a project around the house. He is there to pull me out when I get in over my head. I need a friend to talk with. He listens. He sets the morning alarm, wakes the children, and starts breakfast.  So I bet you are wondering what I do? Yeah, me too.  Maybe when I figure it out, I'll blog about it :)

Anyway, here is the point. When I realized that he was really sick, I panicked. I had a dirty kitchen, piles of laundry, several house projects to be complete, and I wanted to talk.  How in the world would I get all this done? I depend on him so much to be there to calm my chaos. Seriously, it's like I was a damsel in distress and my super hero was taken prisoner. I realized I had to act so I did what any good wife would do.  I bought tons of orange juice, gave him medicine, and put the children to work on the chores.

We survived the day, and I realized even more how much I depend on (+Chris Kiefer) Mr. Kiefer. He treats me like a princess. He runs our home with grace and love, and his actions prove that he is truly a selfless leader.

The Princess,
Shante

PS - I am now on a mission to discover exactly what it is I do for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment